Hydroseed is a mix of grass seeds, mulch, fertilizers, bonding agents, and water. The mix is sprayed onto the topsoil to produce a uniform lawn in several weeks. Hydroseed typically germinates faster than seed alone. A variety of grass seeds including Kentucky bluegrass, Ryes, and Fescue seeds are used depending on the location. The success of hydroseed depends on the soil preparation and water. In most cases, the grass will be ready to mow in three to four weeks. Proper maintenance and fertilization are important once the seed has established.
- Cost-effective – typically costing 50% – 80% less than sod and labor
- Erosion control – holds against erosion from wind, rain, sun, and pests
- Versatility and use – accommodating and satisfying
- Non-toxic and safe – harmless to kids, pets and the environment
- Hydroseeding can retain 10x it’s weight in water